You have to understand the purpose of this product to properly evaluate this. This enzyme wash is not a makeup remover or first cleanse, it is a gentle cleanser (neutral ph) meant for the gentle morning cleanse or second cleanse. You can also use this as a gentle exfoliant by using a little bit more, lathering, and letting it sit on the skin for a few minutes (contains papaya enzyme). It leaves the skin really clean and exfoliated, but not dry, which is unique for this type of cleanser. I’ve used other enzyme cleansers that stripped the skin or were too harsh. Similar washes at Sephora retail for 2-3 times this price, including one by Amore Pacific ($60, harsher than this, and is heavily fragranced) and Tatcha ($65). Wishtrend and Apieu also have similar products at the same price point. I would recommend this for days where you wear little or no makeup, or just need a gentle, exfoliating wash, or need a facewash for travel (lightweight and TSA friendly). I would repurchase this when I’m out, it’s a standout product at this price.
Who doesn’t like charcoal in skincare product? This is my first time to try powder wash. Thank you so much to mothermade who give me a chance to try this amazing face wash. It is cruelty free, produced in ISO facility, neutral pH, and harsh surfactants free.
ACTIVE CHARCOAL ENZYME POWDER WASH
• What is it?
It is water activated mild cleansing powder with pore-purifying charcoal and regenerating papaya enzyme without drying out the skin. It is suitable for congested, sensitive skin.
• Key Ingredients?
- Bamboo Charcoal
- Papaya Enzyme
- Aloe Extract
• Packaging, Texture & Scent?
Comes with sturdy black bottle but transparant so we can see the powder in bottle. The flip top lid makes it easy to pour the powder but doesn't spill. The powder is so soft and has no scent for me.
• How to use?
Pour a small amount of powder into wet palm. Add drops of water. Rub hands to create foamy lather. Massage into face in circular motions. Rinse well. I use this as day cleanser in am and pm routine.
When I first heard about charcoal, I am a bit afraid that it can make dry or over exfoliation. But this is NOT. It doesn’t make dry or tight, I feel moist and soft. First I have to tell you that I didn’t have blackhead before or while use it. But about 2 weeks my mother also use this and she said black&white heads in her nose slowly decreasing. She has oily skin and large pores so I suggest her to use this and she like it.
If my nose is full of white heads, it will feel rough and in the corner of my nose looks pink. Boom but I doesn’t feel that at all. It seems this powder wash do good job for removes excess oils and dirt while keep moist and hydration. This powder wash also does not irritate my eyes.
Oily skin with white/black heads will love this powder wash.
I have been using this face wash powder from the time I have received it. I am in love with it. This is the first time I have used a face wash in the form of powder and i have fallen in love with it. I use it as a second step of double cleanse and it removes all the remaining gunk from my face. My skin feels super clean and brightened after every use. It doesn’t even dry out the skin. It is really an amazing product and I highly recommend it.
✓ My Quick Impressions / Experiences
- Has this soft texture that easily dissolves when in contact with water
- Doesn't irritate the skin.
- There is no smell at all.
- When I use this cleanser, I feel my next skincare products apply better.
- Skin feels soft and silky to touch.
- Gives you this squeaky clean feel without the dry feel
---> The best things about this cleanser is it's cruelty free, has a neutral PH and is free from any harsh surfactants.
- Overall, this is a good product that is also a good value for your money. Since it's in a powder form, it is great for travel. In addition, I can see and feel the texture of my skin changed for the better.👏
• Packaging : 55g gray plastic bottle with flip top tube ~the small hole on the cap dispenses enough powder & doesn't allow spillage of the powder
• Texture : very fine, light gray powder
• Scent : unscented
• doesn't dry the skin ~it's quite hydrating for an exfoliating cleanser
• easy to use & carry ~especially when traveling
• foams up well but the foam dissipates after awhile
• doesn't sting the eyes
• gentle on the skin ~even if it has an exfoliating property, it doesn't scratch or cause microtears on the skin in anyway
• use it your own way ~Yes! You heard it right. Did you know that because it is in a powder form you can use it depending on what type of cleanser you like just by adjusting the amount of water or powder. Bonus: it can also be used as a mask pack 😉
• I thought it is an exfoliator ~why is this a con? It says on the packaging that it exfoliates so I assumed it would be the normal exfoliator that is supposed to be used a few times a week only. 😅 Okay, so no big deal here. Just saying that it ain't that straight forward. So I was alittle confused.
Mother Made ~
Active Charcoal Enzyme Powder Wash
Size: 1.94 oz
Price: $26.00 USD
This is a water-activated powder cleanser aimed to cleanse and mildly exfoliate congested pores and blackheads. It is formulated with skin-friendly amino acid surfactants that won’t dry out or sensitize the skin. The finest quality bamboo charcoal and papaya enzymes effectively treat congested pores, clear blackheads and re-balance the skin. You can even use this as a mask! Mix the powder with water in a separate bowl and apply several layers of the mixture with a brush. Let dry and then remove with lukewarm water. Suitable for daily use, evenings and morning.
This enyme powder is super fine in texture and it lathers nicely and easily. I poured some in my hand and then added water to it which in turn it created a soft, foamy, rich lather. I gently massaged it all over my face to remove my makeup and it did a fantastic job! My skin didn't feel tight or dry. I experienced no stinging or irritation. I didn't care for the scent of it. If you have ever used charcoal powder to brush your teeth with before, then this is similar to the smell and texture of it. The scent was not strong. I guess I am use to cleansers having a sweet scent to them. This did help with congestion, especially on my nose. That is my trouble spot. My skin did appear to be a little brighter also. I am going to get my 16 yr old son to try this as well and see if it will help curb his acne breakouts on his face. I will update this post to let you know his results. All in all this is a great cleanser and I am really enjoying it!
Mother Made was kind enough to let me try their Active Charcoal Enzyme Powder Wash! I wanted to try this item because it’s like no face wash I’ve seen or tried before. It’s a lightweight powder that becomes activated with a few drops of water and keeps skin bright and clears out the pores( bye bye blackheads). I’ve been testing it out for the last two weeks and so far I’m loving the results on my combination skin. Mother Made is an amazing company as they are preservative & cruelty free and focus on quality over quantity. I definitely recommend you all check out this wonderful company.